On- Post Schools
The Killeen Independent School District serves school-age children residing at on post under Texas law. The student enrollment as of October 1, 2011, stood at 41,015, with approximately half of those enrolled being military family members.
To view the Killeen Independent School District by Community, please click here.
Elementary Schools for Fort Hood children who live on post are:
- Meadows Elementary, located on the corner of 27th St. & Tank Destroyer Blvd. Phone 254-501-1870.
- West Ward Elementary, located on the corner of Dean & Hillcrest Ave. Phone 254-501-1830.
- Clarke Elementary, located at 51600 Comanche Ave. Phone 254-501-1510.
- Duncan Elementary, located on Hopi Rd. Phone 254-501-1620.
- Montague Village Elementary, located at 84001 Clement Dr. Phone 254-501-2230.
- Clear Creek Elementary, located at 4800 Washington Blvd. Phone 254-501-1550.
- Ovetta Culp Hobby, 53210 Lost Moccasin Rd. Phone 254-200-6500.
Half-day pre-kindergarten classes are available in KISD. A child must be at least four years old on or before Sept. 1 of the school year to enter the half-day pre-kindergarten program. The child must be unable to speak the English language or be from a family whose income is at or below a certain level, according to federal guidelines.
A child entering kindergarten must be five years or older on Sept. 1 of the school year. Those entering first grade must be six years old the same date.
Middle Schools for Fort Hood children are:
- Smith Middle School, located on Copperas Cove Road, 254-501-1050.
- Fairway Middle School, located on Garth & Whitlow in Killeen, 254-501-1000.
- Audie Murphy, 53393 Sun Dance Drive, 254-200-6530.
High Schools for Fort Hood children are:
- Killeen High School, located 500 North 38th St.
- Robert M. Shoemaker High School, located at 3302 Clear Creek Rd.
Bus service is provided for those students who live on West Fort Hood and who attend the middle school and high schools. Children who live off post attend school at campuses near where they live.
Parents needing specific information on school enrollment can contact the KISD Administration Office, located at 200 N. W.S. Young Drive in Killeen, 254-501-0034.
For information on Special Education services, contact the office located at 600 Williamson, 254-501-0284.