On- Post Schools
The Killeen Independent School District serves school-age children residing at on post under Texas law. The student enrollment as of October 1, 2011, stood at 41,015, with approximately half of those enrolled being military family members.
To view the Killeen Independent School District by Community, please click here.
Elementary Schools for Fort Hood children who live on post are:
- Meadows Elementary, located on the corner of 27th St. & Tank Destroyer Blvd. Phone 254-501-1870.
- West Ward Elementary, located on the corner of Dean & Hillcrest Ave. Phone 254-501-1830.
- Clarke Elementary, located at 51600 Comanche Ave. Phone 254-501-1510.
- Duncan Elementary, located on Hopi Rd. Phone 254-501-1620.
- Montague Village Elementary, located at 84001 Clement Dr. Phone 254-501-2230.
- Clear Creek Elementary, located at 4800 Washington Blvd. Phone 254-501-1550.
- Ovetta Culp Hobby, 53210 Lost Moccasin Rd. Phone 254-200-6500.
Register your child for 3-Year-Old Prekindergarten Full Day and FREE of Charge
at all Fort Hood Elementary Schools 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the student’s home campus*
The 3-year-old prekindergarten program began on Monday, December 2, 2013 at each of the following Fort Hood schools:
Clarke Elementary (254-336-1510)
Clear Creek Elementary (254-336-1550)
Duncan Elementary (254-336-1620)
Meadows Elementary (254-336-1870)
Montague Village Elementary (254-336-2230)
Oveta Culp Hobby Elementary (254-336-6500)
Venable Village Elementary (254-336-1980)
To enroll your 3-year-old for the prekindergarten program at one of the above campuses, your child must meet the following requirements:
- 3 years old on or before September 1, 2013,
- Residing in the campus attendance zone (Walker Village 3 year olds will enroll at Meadows Elementary),
- Meet prekindergarten eligibility requirements (All military families qualify for prekindergarten).
- *Attendance Zone information can be found on the Killeen ISD website www.killeenisd.org. Go to Students and Parents, and then Attendance Zone/Rezoning. Use the drop down menu to select 2013-2014. Enter your street name and click Search. You may also call Student Services at 336-6304.
The following documents are required for prekindergarten registration:
- Official birth certificate
- Proof of residency on Fort Hood (Lease Agreement or Assignment Order)
- Current immunization records
- Student’s Social Security card (may enroll w/o SS card)
- DEERS form
- Picture ID of the parent or guardian enrolling the student
- LES to determine qualification for free or reduced breakfast and lunch
Take advantage of a high-quality prekindergarten program:
- Certified teacher in every classroom
- Paraprofessional in every classroom
- Research-based, award-winning curriculum
- Before and after-school care: Child, Youth, and School Services (CYSS) http://hoodmwr.com/childandyouth.htm
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s home campus. Students will need a rest mat or towel. Other school supplies will be provided.
Middle Schools for Fort Hood children are:
- Smith Middle School, located on Copperas Cove Road, 254-501-1050.
- Fairway Middle School, located on Garth & Whitlow in Killeen, 254-501-1000.
- Audie Murphy, 53393 Sun Dance Drive, 254-200-6530.
High Schools for Fort Hood children are:
- Killeen High School, located 500 North 38th St.
- Robert M. Shoemaker High School, located at 3302 Clear Creek Rd.
Bus service is provided for those students who live on West Fort Hood and who attend the middle school and high schools. Children who live off post attend school at campuses near where they live. CLICK HERE for the attendance zone matrix.
Parents needing specific information on school enrollment can contact the KISD Administration Office, located at 200 N. W.S. Young Drive in Killeen, 254-501-0034.
For information on Special Education services, contact the office located at 600 Williamson, 254-501-0284.